Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Let's talk about shoes...

Everyone has his or her niche. Some women like jeans, and some like purses. I am among the many women who have an unhealthy habit for shoes. At some point in my life I had a 50 pair shoe rack that overflowed with sky-high heels and comfy flip-flops. It wasn't until my puppy teethed on about half of my beloved shoes that I got back down to a healthy amount of shoes. (It's a good thing my puppy was cute and that I loved her so much, or else she would have been gone!)

At 5'7 I have an obsession for a good pair of stilettos. I love putting on a paid of L.A.M.B. heels, towering over my boyfriend like a supermodel and strutting my stuff. My supermodel image might be all in my head but it's amazing what a pair of sexy heels can do to a woman's self-esteem. There are practical purposes for heels as well. When out at a bar or club having that added four inches helps with spotting a hot guy or fellow girlfriend.





For those of us that live in Alaska or any colder northern area, once winter rolls around and sandals are out of the question, my best friend quickly becomes boots. Boots have a way of being practical (we've all seen that girl walking around in the snow with sandals on) while also staying fashion forward. When looking for a good deal on boots, I would recommend looking online at www.victoriassecret.com, www.zappos.com, or my new personal favorite www.shoedazzle.com. Shoedazzle offers personal stylists that create your personal showroom based on your taste in shoes. The best part of this website is that regardless of the shoe, everything is $39.99. Good luck finding a good quality, cute, sexy boot anywhere else for $39.99. Even after paying for shipping it's still the best deal out there when it comes to purchasing boots.

Here in Anchorage, Alaska, when people think of boots they automatically thinks of Nordstrom's. I am constantly on the hunt for the best deals. My experience is that Nordstrom's has boots in my pricerange only during their sales, which are only three times a year.  If you want fashionable, reasonably priced shoes go to my personal favorite Bottoms Boutique, or Burlington Coat Factory. Trust me, once winter comes around and you want to be walking around town with something other than your Uggs, go to either places and you will find some HOT boots that will make you look like you should be walking the streets of Paris instead of Anchorage.





Tata for now!

XOXO

Christina

1 comment: