Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Fashion Must-Haves

While looking around for the perfect fall fashion look I stumbled upon this dress and fell in love. The beige and grey neutral colors are perfect for this autumn season. This simple and classic dress can be very multifunctional. It is modest enough to be worn to the office, but chic enough to wear around town. Simple accessories will keep it the business look while chunky jewelry and sky-high heels makes the dress perfect for a date downtown. Paired with a nice jacket, scarf, or handbag will polish this classic outfit that I want to buy off the rack right now.

As it gets colder outside, scarves become more apparent. As a student at the University of Alaska Anchorage I see a lot of Russian foreign exchange students. When fall rolls around these Russian students have fall fashion down to a T. I see them with fitted jackets, boots, and of course beautiful scarves. I like to sport my leopard print scarf when I'm feeling bold.

After tracking fashion week I've found that lace is the hottest new look for fall. I'm glad, because I find lace to be very sexy. You should be cautious when wearing lace, a little goes a long way and easily turns into a trashy outfit. When wearing lace, pick one portion of the outfit to lace and keep everything else simple. Pairing more than one article of clothing in lace with look too over-the-top. I suggest some lace-inspired tights or a laced top.Remember simplicity is key.

Over-the-knee boots are this season's must-have.

What would fall be without boots? Time to break out your hottest boots. In the winter, you can find me wearing boots all the time. To me, boots are the sensible winter heel. No one wants to see, or be, the dumb girl that is freezing her toes off for the name of fashion by wearing her open toed heel in the winter. Boots keep your feet warm while maintaining a European high fashion look. Wear boots with legging, skinny jeans, or tights. Boots can be as causal or as dressed up as you make them. I always get a pair of boots in black, brown, grey, and a bright color of my choosing. That way I have a pair of boots that will match any outfit of mine.

You are now all set for fall fashion!

XOXO

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment